Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled - What is it?
Smart and Skilled is NSW Government project helping Australian citizens and Permanent Residents achieve a new qualification. It is in most cases subsidized by the Government. Contact us for details.
Alternatively, for more answers click button on your left.
The Management School Sydney is approved Smart and Skilled provider in NSW
The Management School Sydney (TMSS) has been approved to offer the following qualifications under the Smart and Skilled Targeted Priority program. The Program provides subsidized training for Approved Qualifications for eligible students.
Approved Qualifications (NSW)
Can your study be subsidized?
The short answer is yes. However, there is a lot of conditions you need to fullfill. To access subsidized training under Smart and Skilled a student must meet the eligibility criteria.
What is Unique Student Identifier (USI)? Do I need it?
All students enrolling in a Smart and Skilled course will be required to supply a Unique Student Identifier (USI), and will be requested to do so on their enrolment form. If you need a USI you can apply online here (only takes a few minutes!)
How do I enrol in a Smart and Skilled Course?
TMSS is required to obtain further information from students who are studying a Targeted Priority course:
- Consent from a student either verbally or in writing to use and disclose a student’s personal information to the NSW Department of Education and Communities and other government Agencies
- a student declaration that the student has provided accurate and complete information, is aware of any subcontracting arrangements (if applicable) and has been provided with the Fee information relevant to their enrolment and all appropriate student information
Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer. How does it work?
All students are entitled to seek Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as an alternative means of establishing competency for all or part of their course. Additionally TMSS will recognize Statements of Attainment issued by other RTOs and will grant credit towards the Smart and Skilled qualifications for current and equivalent units of competency. For more information on TMSS’s RPL and Credit process please email to Mr Doug Bowen, RTO Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any fees? Am I eligible for fee concession?
Providers of Smart and Skilled courses, such as TMSS, are paid partly by the NSW government and partly by the student or their employer. The 'Fee' component referred to below is the part of the payment to TMSS that is made by the student or their employer.
On completion of an enrolment form and provision of any evidence required TMSS will use the Smart and Skilled Provide Calculator to determine the Fee to be paid by the student. This will be advised to the student as part of the enrolment process.
Depending on circumstances students may be eligible for fee concessions or fee-free training. Students will need to supply evidence of their circumstances according to the Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy The student Fee is payable by the student to TMSS according to the TMSS terms and conditions
Students may have part of their fee refunded in the following circumstances:
• Where the student is gaining credit for previously completed accredited training. In such circumstances the student will be refunded a pro rata amount based on the percentage of the course that the credit covers.
• Where TMSS is no longer able to deliver Smart and Skilled training.
• Where the student through circumstances beyond his/her control is unable to continue in the course - such as a medical condition, or family/personal circumstances.
Further information for students including the Student Handbook and policies and procedures are available on the TMSS Student Information page.