BSB50215 - Diploma of Business
CRICOS Course Code 091312G
For further details please contact our marketing department via email at email@example.com or on +61 2 9119 3862.
|6th January||30th March||15th June||16-Sep||31st August||9th November|
Intake Dates 2021:
About this course
This qualification would apply to individuals with various job titles including executive officers, program consultants and program coordinators. Individuals in these roles may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.Conversely, it may also apply to those with little or no vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational and employment opportunities.
In accordance with National Code Standard D1.2, MSS Education Pty Ltd trading as The Management School Sydney (TMSS) (RTO ID: 41465, CRICOS Provider Code: 03485E) does not guarantee any migration, enrolment, employment, educational or any outcomes associated with any course to students who are enrolled at our RTO.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Mode of Delivery
All courses offered by The Management School Sydney are delivered on campus full time with face to face classes of 67% and online learning of 33% as per requirements of the ESOS Act. Students are asked to complete private study time of approximately 20 hours per week in their own time.
Face to face classes include lectures, group activities, role plays/practical demonstrations and class presentations. The program is designed to allow for the adoption of a range of learning approaches to cater for differences in learning styles, learning interests and needs, and variations in learning opportunities. Students must attend all scheduled classes and they are expected to undertake reading, research and project work in their own time.
Assessment Methods: Assessments of each unit will be conducted by:
• formative assessment (in class activities and practical exercises) (to some extent as the nature of classroom learning differs from a workplace)
• summative assessment (final assessment to demonstrate knowledge and skills of the entire unit of competency)
A variety of methods will be utilised to assess the student’s competency in this unit of competency.
These can include:
- Written activities
- Structured activities
- Learner Workbook Activities
- Case Study
- and, Other Evidence Documents
Students will be given an opportunity to practice or discuss activities prior to undertaking formative or summative assessments observed by the trainer/assessor who will give the student feedback.
Job Roles Relevant to the Qualification
The BSBB50215 - Diploma of Business is a qualification that suits a range of possible roles in business and administration including:
- Executive Officers
- Program Consultants
- Program Coordinators
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/ Elective|
|BSBMKG501||Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities||Elective|
|BSBMKG502||Establish and adjust the marketing mix||Elective|
|BSBHRM506||Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes||Elective|
|BSBXCM501||Lead communication in the workplace||Elective|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development||Elective|
While there are no formal training package entry requirements, TMSS require that you have the following requirements for entry into this course:
International students are required to have an Upper Intermediate level of English, evidenced by a certificate from an ELICOS provider which is equivalent of an IELTS test score of 5.5 or successful completion of the TMSS English Language Entry Test.
TMSS ensures that prior to enrolment into this qualification, each student is informed of admissions and prerequisite criteria they have to meet to be able to study this program. This information includes that students:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12 or overseas equivalent school qualifications;
- Have adequate core skills of being able to learn, read, write, research, use technology, work in teams and count as these skills are embedded in the study of this program;
- Must meet TMSS standards for English language proficiency and by providing valid evidence of attainment of at least one of the following:
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) overall band score of 5.5
- TOEFL Internet (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based test) test score band: 55 (Listening 9, Speaking 16, Reading 10, Writing 18)
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English) test score band: 43-50
- CAE (Cambridge English Advanced) test score band: 162-168
- OET (Occupational English Test) test score band: Pass
- TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-Based Test) test score band: 527.
- An international student who has studied a Certificate IV level qualification in Australia for at least 12 months who must have to have an equivalent level to IELTS 5.5.
International students who are unable to meet any of the above English language proficiency requirements may undertake further study with a NEAS approved ELICOS School.
**TMSS requires an language, literacy and numeracy skills assessment to be completed upon entry into the course to be completed at Orientation day session.
Students that successfully complete all 8 units of competency as stated in the course content students will be issued with a VET certificate for BSB50215 - Diploma of Business. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Students who successfully complete some units of competency will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited unit(s) in which they have been deemed competent.