BSB60215 - Advanced Diploma of Business
CRICOS Course Code 091313G
For further details please contact our marketing department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 2 9119 3862.
|6th January||6th April||15th June||5th October|
Intake Dates 2021:
|11th January||5th April||2nd August||27th September|
About this course
This qualification reflects the role of individuals with significant experience in a senior administrative role who are seeking to develop expertise across a wider range of business functions. The qualification is suited to individuals who possess significant theoretical business skills and knowledge and wish to consolidate and build pathways to further education or employment opportunities.
In accordance with National Code Standard D1.2, MSS Education Pty Ltd trading as The Management School Sydney (TMSS) (RTO ID: 41465, CRICOS Provider Code: 03485E) does not guarantee any migration, enrolment, employment, educational or any outcomes associated with any course to students who are enrolled at our RTO.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Mode of Delivery
All courses offered by The Management School Sydney are delivered on campus full time with face to face classes of 67% and online learning of 33% as per requirements of the ESOS Act. Students are asked to complete private study time of approximately 20 hours per week in their own time.
Face to face classes include lectures, group activities, role plays/practical demonstrations and class presentations. The program is designed to allow for the adoption of a range of learning approaches to cater for differences in learning styles, learning interests and needs, and variations in learning opportunities. Students must attend all scheduled classes and they are expected to undertake reading, research and project work in their own time.
Assessment Methods: Assessments of each unit will be conducted by:
• formative assessment (in class activities and practical exercises) (to some extent as the nature of classroom learning differs from a workplace)
• summative assessment (final assessment to demonstrate knowledge and skills of the entire unit of competency)
A variety of methods will be utilised to assess the student’s competency in this unit of competency.
These can include:
- Written activities
- Structured activities
- Learner Workbook Activities
- Case Study
- and, Other Evidence Documents
Students will be given an opportunity to practice or discuss activities prior to undertaking formative or summative assessments observed by the trainer/assessor who will give the student feedback.
Job Roles Relevant to the Qualification
- Senior Administrator
- Senior Executive
|Unit Code||Unit Title (and Field)||Core/Elective|
|BSBHRM602||Manage human resources strategic planning||Elective|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change||Elective|
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisation development||Elective|
|BSBMKG608||Develop organisational marketing objectives||Elective|
|BSBWHS605||Develop implement and maintain WHS management system||Elective|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability||Elective|
While there are no formal training package entry requirements, TMSS require that you have the following requirements for entry into this course:
International students are required to have an Upper Intermediate level of English, evidenced by a certificate from an ELICOS provider which is equivalent of an IELTS test score of 5.5 or successful completion of the TMSS English Language Entry Test.
TMSS ensures that prior to enrolment into this qualification, each student is informed of admissions and prerequisite criteria they have to meet to be able to study this program. This information includes that students:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12 or overseas equivalent school qualifications;
- Have adequate core skills of being able to learn, read, write, research, use technology, work in teams and count as these skills are embedded in the study of this program;
- Must meet TMSS standards for English language proficiency and by providing valid evidence of attainment of at least one of the following:
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) overall band score of 5.5
- TOEFL Internet (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based test) test score band: 55 (Listening 9, Speaking 16, Reading 10, Writing 18)
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English) test score band: 43-50
- CAE (Cambridge English Advanced) test score band: 162-168
- OET (Occupational English Test) test score band: Pass
- TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-Based Test) test score band: 527.
- An international student who has studied a Certificate IV level qualification in Australia for at least 12 months who must have to have an equivalent level to IELTS 5.5.
International students who are unable to meet any of the above English language proficiency requirements may undertake further study with an approved ELICOS School.
**TMSS requires an language, literacy and numeracy skills assessment to be completed upon entry into the course to be completed at Orientation day session.
Students that successfully complete all 8 units of competency as stated in the Course content students will be issued with a VET certificate for BSB60215 - Advanced Diploma of Business. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Students who successfully complete some units of competency will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited unit(s) in which they have been deemed competent.
While TMSS does not currently have an articulation agreement with a university or higher education provider, students may, after completing an AQF qualification at diploma or advanced diploma level, independently apply for course credit at a university or higher education provider of their choice.